Monday, March 24, 2014

I Smell the Ativan

"I had a panic attack last week."

"I think I'm going to fire my psychiatrist."

"I just get really anxious in new situations."

"When I get nervous, the stutter gets worse."

This is just a sample of what I've been hearing on dates recently.  It has been a while since I identified that I am attracted to men with anxiety issues.  But, in addition, I think I can smell them.  To me it must smell like chocolate, because apparently I can't resist it.  

I am not trying to find this type of man.  In fact, I hope I am actively trying to avoid them. Apparently, though, I can smell the Ativan and it makes me a little nuts.  Where does one go to rewire the circuits of desire? Or at least to become attracted to the smell of emotional stability?

No comments:

Post a Comment