Saturday, June 14, 2014

Everything is a Metaphor

While working on developing glute muscle control for hip shimmies, M says, "The release is as important as the contraction.  Maybe even more important."

This is another lesson of my current life.  I am trying not to call it my "new life," but it is still too new to be just my life.  Anyway, release is the lesson -- knowing that letting go means letting go all the way.  If you don't let go all the way, you can't grab on to the next thing, and eventually the shimmy falls apart.  We practice letting go faster and faster, trying not to trigger a horrible cramp.  Back to basics as the foundation for all things.  Hold. Release. Don't move, or even try to move yet.  Don't worry about layering or the size of the movement.  Just hold.  And release. 

 Eventually we can move up to switching moves, traveling.  We practice letting go gracefully and completely as we move forward into the next thing.  Focus.  Keeping it simple. I think of this as it is finally spring, and I finally feel creative again.  This moment is lovely, and I mean to enjoy it.  I see a vision of myself far down the road, back to all of this on my way to a different kind of life.  More and more I feel that this is true and will happen.

But not yet.  Not yet.  Now is good.  Hold, savor, release.  The release is the most important part.


No comments:

Post a Comment