Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grief Surprise

This weekend, the center where I have my practice is throwing a party. We are celebrating the completion of a major expansion, and the opening of a beautiful new event space. This will be a great opportunity for me to network with my peers, show off my space to my friends, and generally be happy with my professional life so far.

This is the kind of event you want to share with a partner.

We had a community meeting this morning, and in the middle of joy and excitement at meeting new practitioners, I was bombed by grief. I was thinking of what I would wear and how I would a arrange my materials.  I was picturing a partner to compliment and reassure me on the way over. Then I remembered I don't have that right now. Boom.

I am trying to redirect this self-pity into excitement for the event.  But. Still. I keep picturing getting dressed with no one but the cat to reassure me. Fortunately for me, she is very vocal in her praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment